United Teabaggers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

United Teabaggers

Welcome to United Teabaggers!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Screams Modded Case

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Screams Modded Case Empty
PostSubject: Screams Modded Case   Screams Modded Case Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Yep. I'm finally doing one, managed to pick up an old Pentium 3 based computer for $5 at the dump for modding.

Day 1: Bought Computer and stripped it, headed over to my mates place as they have some space and heaps of tools and asked his father If he could cut a 120mm Hole in the front bezel seeing as using a jigsaw that he already owns is a bit cheaper than buying a new 120 then I used some filler to cover in the Airvents/Switch Holes/Floppy Drive hole on the front bezel and sanded that for a while.

Day 2: Not much, Went to Jaycar to buy a momentary switch without knowing If I needed a momentary or not so we left that till a later date, we then headed over to PBTech and had a look for some fans, sure enough they didn't have the one I wanted to buy on display so we spent about 15 minutes waiting for them to bloody find the thing. Eventually they found it; An iCute 120mm Blue LED fan for $22. Later at home we lined up its mounting point and drilled some holes for it.

Day 3: Went to jaycar and bought switch, didn't fit so Ill have to file hole bigger, argued with onion xD

Might up some pics some time.
Back to top Go down
scorched_onion
Enemy Boat Spotted (admin)
scorched_onion

PostSubject: Re: Screams Modded Case   Screams Modded Case Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 4:19 pm

Yeah you argued with me but i was right, har har har, sounds good, do want pics, and be careful with the vinyl i remember Cold's case mod caught fire cause he put the vinyl on and then drilled or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Screams Modded Case   Screams Modded Case Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:38 pm

I never said anything about vinyl? Wtf, Its called paint mate. If anythings getting Vinyl, its the keyboard and mouse.
Back to top Go down
scorched_onion
scorched_onion

PostSubject: Re: Screams Modded Case   Screams Modded Case Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:23 pm

Scream wrote:
I never said anything about vinyl? Wtf, Its called paint mate. If anythings getting Vinyl, its the keyboard and mouse.

Oh ok i got confused...

and remember....

pics
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Screams Modded Case   Screams Modded Case Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 4:55 pm

Screams Modded Case DSCF2056
Screams Modded Case DSCF2057
Screams Modded Case DSCF2058
Screams Modded Case DSCF2059
Back to top Go down
scorched_onion
scorched_onion

PostSubject: Re: Screams Modded Case   Screams Modded Case Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:45 pm

Looking gooood, put on ICONZ when you are done Very Happy tis iconz worthy.
Back to top Go down
Bobyoby
User
User
Bobyoby

PostSubject: Re: Screams Modded Case   Screams Modded Case Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 3:29 pm

Nice it looks like its going good, good luck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Screams Modded Case   Screams Modded Case Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 3:46 am

Looks :S Cause of flash at 11:45
Screams Modded Case DSCF2060
Back to top Go down
Cold
User
User

PostSubject: Re: Screams Modded Case   Screams Modded Case Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:36 am

think ill try again but this time ill try not to set it on fire
Back to top Go down
scorched_onion
scorched_onion

PostSubject: Re: Screams Modded Case   Screams Modded Case Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:32 pm

Cold wrote:
think ill try again but this time ill try not to set it on fire

How did that happen? drilling through vinyl and it caught fire?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Screams Modded Case   Screams Modded Case Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:56 pm

I smell update time Very Happy

Screams Modded Case Picture000
Screams Modded Case Picture001
Screams Modded Case Picture004
Screams Modded Case Picture006
Screams Modded Case Picture009
Screams Modded Case Picture010
Screams Modded Case Picture012
Screams Modded Case Picture001
Screams Modded Case Picture017
Screams Modded Case Picture018
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thy LED   Screams Modded Case Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:00 pm

Well, My Dad and I couldn't find any leads to plug into the old PSU to test the fan so we got one of his non-comp PSU's and basically 'hot-wired' the fans molex connector to get it running.
Screams Modded Case 16smaller
Back to top Go down
scorched_onion
scorched_onion

PostSubject: Re: Screams Modded Case   Screams Modded Case Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:13 am

Looks SEXY!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bobyoby
User
User
Bobyoby

PostSubject: Re: Screams Modded Case   Screams Modded Case Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:41 pm

Looking good, pro as.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screams Modded Case   Screams Modded Case Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Screams Modded Case
Page 1 of 1